Monday, June 09, 2008

Early on

Loving too much, is bad for the soul
No one else can make you whole

Caring so much that the world can fall
If you’re not loved back or loved at all

Waiting too long for the pain to subside
Telling the Lord of the tears that you’ve cried

Your bottle of tears is too small for the wound
The wholeness you’re seeking is bigger than you

Larger than life, sweeter than rain
Bloodthirsty death, hells own pain

Cannot come close to God’s Holy reign.

Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty,
Early in the morning we sing our Praise to You.


Keeping too much holding it tight
Setting your goal on making it right

All of your dots and tittles in line
Don’t make the grade, don’t make you fine.

Being the god of your world won’t do
your self sacrifice is all about you

you and you and you alone
walking the steps only you have known

why not look up and instead let it go
your you isn’t all there is to know

or come close to what God has made whole.


Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty,
Early in the morning we sing our Praise to You.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hello Elizabeth this is Kimberly (the baby Greenleaf) I'm not sure if you know who I am. I think I know who you are but I'm not for sure.I just had to leave a comment because I wanted to know if you were the Author of the poems on your blog. If so they are beautiful. Early on "wow" It is so easy to get lost in this world and think that you are the one in control of your life. What an awesome feeling it is when you do look up and realize that our Heavenly Father is the one in total control. Praise the Lord!
Love, Kimberly

elizabeth said...

Hi Kimberly,
Yes I know who you are :) One of my Mom's favorite nieces. Oh, I forgot, all of her nephews and nieces were her favorites!
I've been writing this blog for a while, just to express my love for the Lord. As well as my struggle to keep Him my first love.

Isn't He Wonderful?

I can see you love Him too. I think our love for Him is part of our legacy as a family. I'm thankful for you and for sharing with me.