Monday, May 29, 2006

I Have Been Wondering

I have been wondering why I personally know of someone who has a lot of money.
Especially since I have none.
I would prefer not to know about the trips, the houses, the families that can see each other at the drop a ticket.
But I know them, and I love them.
That's the hard part. I have had to separate my love from my desire for things.

Basic things.

Here is why I think I know them. It's like an anti-biotic, a vaccination of a small dose of the disease, helps to build up an immunity.
The disease? Greed, love of money. Believing that if you had it, everthing would be okay.

The antidote? Love. God's love, where Godliness with contentment is great gain.
I had a small taste of being able to buy what I thought I needed, or go where I thought I should go, and I remember it. But was it the Lords' will?

Now, I feel I should be doing this or going there or paying this. But I can't.

The Lord knows... I seek the contentment that He loves me and has my best interest in mind and allows what He will. Yes, I know what my obligations are, but my heart must always be in the right place, no matter what. My heart does belong to Daddy, Abba, and He knows my needs. My inheritance is Him, my wealth is trusting in His love. No one can take that from me, it will not devalue or rust.

I have been vaccinated, I have the scar on my heart, and I am full of trust in my King! Glorious Lord, who watches over me and my family, Blessed Be Your Name!

No comments: